Okay, I written this post weeksss ago and have always unable to complete it. haha. So here it goes...
This is what I call a true Chinese Martial Art movie. Compared to Jackie Chan's movie, Jet Li has better quality movie. Jackie Chan uses too much special effect, giving me a feeeling that he's trying too hard to make a Hollywood movie. I think that includes Jet Li's - UNLEASH.
I dont really like to see Asians in a Hollywood movie. I dont mean I am not proud that Chinese is being able to be on Hollywood stage. I just got the feeling they sort of sell themselves to the westerners and lost the Chinese quality in them. Especially in most of Jackie Chan's movie. He is more like a clown than a respectable actor to me. That doesnt make me not impress and respect him. In the Asian World, I truely respect him as a actor, a person who give 200% on his work and acting. Just dont quite agree with his acting in Hollywood, thats all.
I am too glad Jet Li took up this movie. All the martial art was SUPERB and its REAL martial art. I believe some special effect were added in it, but its not obvious. It didnt make the picture fake, it helps to intensify every movement and make things even more exciting and REAL. Unlikely Jackie Chan's super special effect. It make everything looked so fake.
Chinese martial arts is very much different compared to others. It portraits gracefulness and power at the same time. Every movement looks so soft and light while others are more stiff and mechanical wise. Even when using weapon, it still have the elegant feeling. Every movement is just an art. Chinese martial arts doesnt only emphasis in power and speed. It also have the soft side. Sometimes using the soft way to encounter great force is the way to win. Maybe thats what Tao's teaching is (I think. Someone definately but not sure who it was. haha) 以柔克刚 (Using tenderness to encounter great force).
Anyway, back to the movie. I think its a good movie, but not SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER GOOD till I want to DIE. Beside the excellent martial art, I learn something from it. Something we always know but dont really practise and truely understand the meaning of it. Which is knowing when to let go... Mostly of the time, we are being too rigid in handling matters. We cant take NO for an answer, cant accept failure. All that might drive us to desperation, ENORMOUS bt unneccesary preasure. Some might even bring disaster.
I always understand this theory but find it VERY VERY tough to put it in practise. But some how this movie sort of make me realize how its should be done. Hence I am always trying to apply this theory in my life.
I got to admit there are alot of moments (especially in UK) where I put alot of preasure on myself for something beyond my control or something that is just unchangeable, something in the PAST. I am starting to learn how to let go, starting to find another alternative and dont be too stubborn in certain matter, just because its beyond our control. Life might be abit eassier.
执着(rigid)... the thing that is in EVERYONE. Who ever can truly practise the meaning of letting go, he would be a HAPPY MAN. Its because of this, Huo Yuen Jia (In the movie) lost his family, because of his obsesss towards winning winning and winning. It was too late for him to understand that.
When I saw Jet Li's interview in a taiwan talkshow. I REALLY RESPECT HIM MAN!!! He was the winner for this thing in china for 5 times - Gold Medal. No one had beaten him that time!!! GENG AH!!! Then it seems that its true taht he USED TO BE an arrogant person. Based on the statement he made about the movie Huo Yuen Jia. He said the movies its about Huo Yuen Jia and him wit 42 years of life experience. So does that mean he was actually as arrogant as Huo Yuen Jia? I believe he has the qualification to be a arrogant person. He is good looking (for a martial art artist really geng la.. compared to jackie chan or sammul hong, lol), he is a good actor, he won so much gold medal etc.
Luckily he came to his consious and learn that no one is the GREATEST in this world. Respect ~
This is one of the songs for Huo Yuen Jia movie by JAY CHOU * WEE *
~ LOVE LOVE LOVE ~
I LOVE the chinese instruemnts used in this song - Pi Pa, Gu Zheng, Di (Which is the best!!!)
Jay has the talent to blend in all this awesome chinese instruement into something western.
PROPS to Jay = )
Saturday, March 04, 2006
霍元甲
Posted by meme at 10:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment