Its Chor Yat today and we had vegeterian lunch. Loh hon zai, egg, taufu and ham choi. * Yummy * Too bad we dont have those flour kind of stuff granny always buy.
After lunch we went to Chinatown to see lion dance performance. As usual, we always go out late... but luckily we still manage to catch up with the last lion dance. Its really funny when we saw a ang-moh wearing the lion dance uniform. MAN HE IS HUGE!!! We think he is soo suitable to be the head of the lion cause of his height. We took a photo with him as remembrance.
We were too late cause alot of the stalls already closed. There were many stalls set up in Chinatown selling all sorts of chinese stuff - those little drum, chinese food etc.
The most hilarious thing was THERE's a STAGE built for CNY. The kind of stage people use for CONCERTS!!! Ah!!! GILER!!!! THere's a lady on stage as the MC and said something like.. Dont be shy and queue to get ang-baos.. haha... All the ang-moh's were lining up to receive red packet. All they need to say is HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. I think thats the only thing they know how to say compared to us who know how to say Yu Yu Dak Sui, Sam Seong Si Seng etc.
All of us were caught up at a stall, a stall which sells really beautiful pictures using a very special method. Its a very CHINA thing. They use small little thing (dont know wahts that) to paint out prosperous metaphorical like dragon, phoenix etc. I saw one dragon painted in purple and pink is realllly really sweeet and nice. The Si Fu will use calligraphy method with mao-bi to write out whatever you want. Its soo stupid and funny cause all the ang-mohs want their name to be written in chinese on the painting. HOW STUPID IS THAT? All sorts of name we saw - Thomas, Amanda, Carol etc.
Each of us bought ourself some painting. Hehe.. I bought 2 for the family with the greeting - Always Properous and Peace at home. I was really lucky to get the last gold Dragon & Phoenix ^^. Rest was in black and blue... dont think it look really nice... but its still really nice... look so real and cute.
At first I didnt get the Peace cause she wants to sell me 15 for that. But the minute I saw that painting... I LOVE it... DOnt know why.. but I just love it. Gary and Roy bought a painting with frame for their uncle who do business. The lady want to sell me a frame too but I think its not practical for me to carry that home. Framing it in Malaysia would be better I think.
Its quite fun shopping at that stall although its not my normal shopping.. its still fun =)
May this year be a GREAT YEAR!!!
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Chor Yat
Posted by meme at 10:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment