CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Chinese New Year Eve

Time flies and its already another year... another Chinese New Year. My second Chinese New Year in Newcastle. To be honest, CNY to me is nothing... haha... Maybe its because we have a small family, we dont have that kind of fun other familes have... with bunch of relatives having reunion dinner together... Do everything in a big gang (Gamble, eat, talk, cook, shop) and VERY NOISY. CNY gotta be NOISY to be MERRY. Our way is too quiet.. too peaceful.. haha.. What ever... CNY to me is all about SHOPPING, EATTING... EATTING and ANG BAO. Haha..

How ever, this year's CNY is abit different compared to last year's. THis time, Brian's here and his beloved mum sent basically everything needed during CNY here. Ahaha..all the kuih muih - kuih ka pek, kuih bangkit, lap cheong, lao-sang etc. We even have Bah Gua last night. MAN... BAH GUA TASTE BEST!!!!!! I think I can have 5kg of Bah Gua and finish it within a day! I swear I can!! It taste sooo DAMN GOOD!!!! I cant imagine if the ang-mohs taste that... they will crave for more and more and more... just like me.. haha... the honey luscious taste!! Oh God... TAKE MY LIFE for those meats!!!! HAha... As its not my stuff, not sent by my own family, I dont dare to eat more than 1 slice ><... although I want to eat the whole plate!!!! Thats just my way of dealing with people. As Brian being here, we have a chef for our reunion meal. As Dan works at night, we had reunion lunch instead of dinner. He cooked... Tomyam deep fried fish, Prawn, Herbal soup and Vege. The tomyam fish was supposed to be the main dish.. but it appears that the fish wasnt really cooked. THe outer meat was alright, but not the center. So Brian recooked the thing and we continue eating. Chinese always name this after something good, especially during such festive season. Fish [yu] - Yu Yu Dak Sui
Prawn [har] - ?
Everyone couldnt figure out what can that word be related to anything prosperous. Guess what brilliant Brian thought of - XIEW HA HA [har] Sounds the same right... AHaha...

Whats reunion dinner? Must it be very poshy and expensive? I dont think so... but looks like they take it that way... THey must have fish and prawn. Its after all a meal, must it be that way? Weird.

Tommorow's gonna be Chor Yat - We are going to be vegetarians!!!! To bad we cant find the vegeterian duck Grandma always prepare in Ipoh. Brian wanted to have that too!! Same as everyone... =)
Tomorrow will be another great day I believe. Want to go shopping!!! Hopefully I got the mood to do so...

GONG HEI FAT CHOI EVERYONE.
May everyone in GOOD HEALTH and have a PROPEROUS NEW DOGGIE YEAR ...
ANG BAO MANY MANY LOH = )

0 comments: