CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 23, 2006

Romeo& Juliet by Moscow City Ballet

The foyer was crowded with audience when we arrived, 7.15pm. There were stalls selling Moscow City Ballet's souvenirs (tees, badges, calenders, teddys etc) and I got myself a badge ^^.
I put our coats at the cloak room! How cool is that?! The 'COOLEST' or DUMBEST happened when we need to tip the guy (who is really cute) who was incharge of taking the coats. We didnt have any chance at that moment, the smallest we have is a £5 note. SO guess what? STupid Dan gave him £5 (I know mum and dad will kill us if they were here = o). It made him feel good (according to him). Its sort of bring us back to the olden days where aristocrats go for theater, plays and tip ppl.. haha.. Anyway we are not aristocrats.
We found out the cafe in the theater is really cool and I am guessing they serve really goood food and coffee cause the aroma of the coffee beans smells heavenly.

We went for our seats at the stall. We were the only chinese there and rest of them are mostly elderly people, and I mean RICH elderly people. ITs understandable, only them have the time and pleasure for this 3 hours play and of course the money.
At that day, (i think) an old folks disable home's people were invited to the play too. The sat at all the end of every row as most of them were in wheal chair. One of them was sitting right in front of me. I felt so sad for them and at the same time truely respect them. Respect them for having the courage, strenght and dignity to live on even at the worse condition. Maybe using WORSE is abit over. I feel sad cause inspite of being disable, they too dont have any family members beside them, to company them and to share their painfulness. All the have is they themselves and fellow old folks who share the same fate as them. The social workers too got to have the credits. They were so dedicated with their job. You can see that from their attitude and the look they shown when they took care of them. Pushing them to their place, wiping their mouth, putting on a coat for them and talking with them. They made them feel that they are still being LOVED, being care-d. Dan were telling me one of old folk's saliva is dripping and I told him to shut up and never laugh or comment on them cause one day no one knows, you or me might be in their place... sharing the same fate...

Westerners will always be more punctual than Asians (i think). The show starts at 7.30pm sharp. Guys will always be guys. They will always not appreaciate such show. Dan was complaining boring at the begining of it. As its a 3 hours and 2 minutes show, there's a break in between every 1 hour. It got much much much better at the 2nd session where all the excitments began. How the affair started etc.
I cant imagine those ballerina standing on their toes for 3 long hours... That would be like hell. I like Juliet as she's really pretty and she dance really well. Romeo's hot too!! haha... But I dont think Russians look as hot as French. I think the hottest dudes can be found mostly in France... haha... Some how they have this charm others dont have... haha...
Juliets dresses were all very very pretty. There's these 4 extras (haha..) who are SUPER DUPER gorgeous. They wore white all the time amd I think sort of play the role of bridesmaid? Anyway, the aristocrats' dress are reallly elegant. Just like what they show in the movies - Nice and classsy.
The other funny thing was the guy's costumes. The top was alright... but the bottom was abit akward +). I cant imagine if all guys in this world wearing that!!
Luckily life isnt like ballet, if not everything is silence and all movements are SOOOOOOO stupid... haha... I dont think I am a person who can appreciate dance and art as well as the westerners. I like to watch them, but I dont think I will be crazy over it.
The live orchestra was great... and the music was splendid. Thats all,nothing more... haha... Some people can get very excited with it and keep on watching the same thing over and over.

The ending part was another unforgetable moment. Everyone started to applause the minute Juliet died. Since then the applause didnt stop -_-. Everyone bow and bow and bow and bow and bow again!!!! I think thats abit too long? 5 minutes? Isnt that abit too long?? My arms were aching to be honest. Dan and I kept on saying - Where the hell is this going to end?? In Hokkien of course..haha..
The audience loved the guy who plays Tybalt (Talgat Kozhabaev) more than Romeo. Reason being - HE LOOKS HOTTER.. haha... He got a chinese look, make me wonder is he a chinese born russian.

The Nutcracker will be on from Wednesday to Friday. It seems that they are having their 2005/2006 UK Tour. Every destination has different play on. I really want to watch Cinderella and Swan Lake... But its not going to be shown in Newcastle -_-.. Nevermind... I think I will be watching Nutcracker this Friday. This time I might go for the cheapest one... haha...

From the theater, we headed to Bannatyne Casino. A place that let me learn something new... something I never thought I will ever accept.

0 comments: