CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Union Strike

Biggest stike in England since year 1928 (I think) - UNION STRIKE.
WHo started it? UNISON.
Its a organisation for the public sector. So what are they fighting for this time?
The goverment decided to increase the retirement age from 60 to 65 but the amout of pension will not be increase (I THINK!!). I am not too sure actuallyy!! hahaha!!

The strike in Newcastle wasnt too bad. At least I didnt see people protesting on the street. Metro was not operating, only BUSES. Thats why that day, for the first time, I see new faces in the bus!! haha. All office staffs in coats slacks.

There were rumours Tyne Bridge will be closeD!!! Then the road towards the bridge was totally congested! Honnnnsssss over where and traffic police's on duty. Basically every where was jam! ANd it took me 1 hour to get home, instead of the normal 15 mintues.

Overall, the strike was just mild. No violence, like in Paris, France. haha.


0 comments: