CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Everyone thought my Christmas Eve would be SUPERB and very special, but the fact is - Its super normal. I spent my Eve in Royal China >,<... haha...
It was suppose to be the busiest day of the year as everyone will be too busy preparing the next day's Christmas lunch/dinner & of course party.... So logically, they will be ordering takeaways.

Lee's (tauke) wife - Cecilla (i think) was out helping in the shop too. She's so cute & friendly. She's pregnant right now expecting a baby girl during 2006's April.

It wasnt as busy as expected, but its still busy. So busy that Lee gotta go help up in the kitchen. Removing his nice flora sweater and putting on a apron. Its my first time seeing a tauke doing things himself.
I bought a bottle of wine for Leah's family, but Dan took it and gave it to Lee as Christmas present.
Lee has the same thing in mind, he gave every driver a box of wine containing one bottle of white wine and a bottle of red wine as Christmas present. And you know what he gave me? haha... He told me girls dont drink so he gave me a angpao for me to buy my own present.. haha.. Brian & Dan said they rather get that angpao then the bottles of wine as they dont drink... haha... So thanks Lee for my present... haha...

Actually Christmas in Newcastle is really boring cause its so cold outside there. Not like Malaysia where people can just go Bintang Walk with thin clothes and just party by the of the road. Maybe only in big cities like London & Manchester where really big parties and celebrations are held. And the only thing the hantu-s like is DRINK DRINK and DRINK.
So the style of them celebrating might not be like the way she celebrate in Malaysia where drinking is the the main thing but having fun is the most important. Or maybe our defination of FUN is different.

Whats Christmas actually? Is it only about gifts wines and turkey??
I dont know why but it felt so great when people greet me Merry Christmas. THe festive spirit here is so much greater than any festival I know. It really makes you feeel HAPPY. Compared to CNY where people say GONG HEI GONG HEI... I dont feeel anything.
I think Christmas is not about making ourselves happy - but helping others. I dont know why, but I have such feeling. The founder and biggest share holder of The Body Shop gave away 50% of her share worth £51million (if I m not mistaken) during this festive season to some foundation.
When I see those family shopping happily for themselves, I think at the same moment they too should contribute some to those in need. To those who is lonely and need all the warmth and love from everyone. Thats why I donated to the Dogs & Cats shelther ... haha.... =)

Anyway, I think my Christmas here is still unique in away that after all its different people around me... different weather... different foood... different feeeling =)
Merry Christmas everyone * *

0 comments: