CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Heaton Park, Heaton Baptist Church

Its like as if we are having our Annual Sports day.. haha..
Dont know of what reason everyone decided to do some excersise ><''//
Veronica wanted to play tennis but the courts were fully occupied. So we took Ziv for a walk first while waiting for the court to be avaiable.

When we came back, the courts were still occupied, so Veronica played basketball with Brian while I took Ziv for a walk AGAIN. Everyone knows I am hopeless with BALLS.. haha..
Btw, I saw one really cute BBC (I think) playing tennis with his friends =P.

Around 5.15pm, Veronica & I went back first as we were going to attend a 6.00pm service at the Heaton Baptist Church which is situated just at the end of the road, same row as our house (How near is that huh.. haha).

Both of us were quite anxious of going in, as its our first time here.
As usual, Christians... A very warm welcome and some introduction.
Anna was a really nice girl, a girl that you never thought that will be so devoted with religion stuff... haha...

It isnt a BIG church, more of a community church I would say. But it still have 2 floors, just like the Pantai Baptist Church I USED to go... haha.. USED to... ANCIENT HISTORY.. haha...

There was a tea/cakes corner at the entrance. Both of us were so anxious that we werent doing the right thing. WE WERE SUPPOSE TO GET THE CAKES!!!!!!
Its already 6pm and Veronica was pretty hungry (after all the excersice) while I was just loving the cakes =P. Another mistake was WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ORANGE JUICE instead of TEA!!!
Well, nevermind then....

The BIGGEST MISTAKE we did was ATTENDING THE WRONG SERVICE. Why did I say so?
This morning, we were supposed to attend the MORNING service, but as you know, WE COULDNT WAKE UP ~ aiks ~. Thats why we were at the evening service.

It happens that the Evening Service is for the people who already attended the morning service to express what they feeeeeeeeel about the teaching from the morning service. What hav they learnt bout it, how did it affected their life.
Thats something DIFFERENT from Malaysia's churches.
They give people time to digest alll the teaching & let them express their opinion, thinking & feeeeeling. Where else in Malaysia, after a service everyone just went home and start a new lesson next weeeek.

Many people walked out & shared their experience. Lots of people cried... getting emotional when it comes to something that affects sooo much of your life.
When everyone's busy expresssing their feeling, both of us just sat there waiting for the service to end.... haha....

Why cant they just put the microphone nearer to them, why cant they speak LOUDER????
I just cant hear what the pastor was saying, he was like just mumbling through his speech...
Whenever one finish sharing their story, a SUPER LADY will run towards him/her & pray for him/her... cool huh... INSTANT ACTION...

At the begining of the service, all students were asked to stand up so that the lady can pray for us, pray for everything to go smoooooth.
How good is that ~ ~ ~ ~

I think I will start going to church. At least in the church, you can meet lots of new nice people ^^

0 comments: